The Swiss Re Group is one of the world’s leading providers of reinsurance, insurance and other forms of insurance-based risk transfer, working to make the world more resilient. It anticipates and manages risk – from natural catastrophes to climate change, from ageing populations to cybercrime. The aim of the Swiss Re Group is to enable society to thrive and progress, creating new opportunities and solutions for its clients. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, where it was founded in 1863, the Swiss Re Group operates through a network of around 80 offices globally. It is organised into three Business Units, each with a distinct strategy and set of objectives contributing to the Group’s overall mission.
About the Team and the Role P&C Solutions is one of the three pillars within Swiss Re Reinsurance. The pillar aims to add value to clients’ original business by providing solutions and services across the value chain. The P&C Analytics Solutions team channels and develops solutions and services for our clients across the (re)-insurance value chain. Our clients' needs are at the heart of what we do, as we make sure that our solutions and services help our clients grow and make commercial sense. It is within the mandate of the team to be at the forefront of analytics understanding by driving the development of novel solutions through risk knowledge and data science capabilities.
We are seeking an ambitious and client centric individual in Sydney with a real passion for analytics and technology to join our highly skilled team. You will work with colleagues from various countries across different locations who deliver our analytics offering to our clients in ANZ and other regions.
As Senior P&C Analytics Manager your main responsibilities will include:
- Identify and understand our client needs, priorities and strategies
- Use analytics and perform quantitative analyses to support and consult our clients on their key priorities
- Project management along the delivery of a client project
- Develop new solutions where we have white spots in our offering today
Responsibilities & Key Tasks
- Build-up and foster relationships with various internal stakeholders and our clients to understand the business strategy and to become a trusted partner in the field of data analytics.
- Independently assess and drive client analytics projects from inception to completion
- Apply analytical methods and algorithms to build data products that streamline the process from data collection to insight generation for various insurance business problems
- Work hands-on in collaboration with a cross-functional team on analytics engagements, from design to prototype to productive implementation.
- Drive innovation, identify relevant industry/technology trends and thus ensure further development of Swiss Re's analytics capabilities and solutions offering to our clients.
- Deep knowledge and demonstrated expertise in machine learning concepts and analytics. Expertise in statistical tools and programming languages like python, R, relational databases and SQL, Tableau.
- Strong analytical problem solving skills, business mindset, can-do attitude and ability to assimilate complex information
- Strong proficiencies in research and a knack for handling data
- Good client facing and consulting skills as well as experience in running client projects while working with cross-functional and/or virtual teams
- Primary ANZ insurance market knowledge is a plus (P&C lines of business), having worked for an insurance, consulting or analytics company
- Advanced degree and education with quantitative background (computer science, natural sciences, applied mathematics / statistics, engineering, econometrics)
- Significant hands-on experience in executing projects with technical background & analytical components
- Fluency English language skills, German, Spanish and other languages welcome
- Flexibility to travel
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- Methodical and well-organised
- Strong communication skills, ability to present ideas
- Ambitious and able to adapt according to deadline requirements
- Open and curious, quick-minded, fast-learner, creative
Do you have a client centric focus? Are you passionate about succeeding? If so, we would love to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.