Found in: beBee S AU - 3 weeks ago
- Iconic location – Melbourne Zoo
- Join a talented and creative team
- Casual position
Restaurant Associates has an enviable track record, working with some of the most prestigious venues and corporations in the world. From grand gala events, corporate cocktail parties to intimate gatherings, we provide bespoke food solutions and exceptional dining experiences.
We are looking for experienced Sous Chef to play a pivotal role in providing onsite catering whilst offering an exceptional level of support in the day-to-day catering operations. Showcasing seasonal produce, sustainability, local producers & the latest industry trends this is a role that allows you to showcase your talents across the function, a la carte and retail space.
- You will be a qualified Chef with Cert III in Commercial Cookery or equivalent
- Previous or current experience at Sous Chef or Senior Chef level
- High end/fine dining and events and onsite retail experience is a must
- You will have the ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
- Experience in stock control, ordering & menu planning, and knowledge of quality management systems
- Enhance workplace culture – display high levels of customer service, contribute ideas and be flexible to meet the needs of the business
- Be a team player, but also be able to work autonomously
- Attention to detail and great time management is a must
- Excellent knowledge of all kitchen procedures and operations
- Medium level of Computer literacy.
As a Team Member with Compass Group, you will have the support, infrastructure, systems and processes you would expect from a global organisation. As an employer of choice, we recognise high performance and foster individual development.
Our people’s unique backgrounds, experience, and abilities are at the heart of our vibrant workforce. We strive to create workplaces that reflect the diverse communities that we serve, where everyone feels empowered and valued. By building diverse teams means we are creating inclusive environments for all our people and those we connect with through our day-to-day operation. We welcome & encourage applications from Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander peoples, people of all backgrounds, ages, sexual orientation, gender expressions, gender identity and people with disability.